* Triumvirate Theatre presents "Fables For Friends," a comedy about friendships and other perils of life, written by Mark O'Donnell and directed by Carla Jenness and Josh Ball, at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday at the theater, in the Peninsula Center Mall in Soldotna. Tickets are $15, available at the Triumvirate Bookstore.
* The Kenai River Folk Dancers will hold a holiday contra dance from 7 to 10 p.m. at Kalifornsky Beach Elementary School Saturday. The ContraBanD will play and beginners are welcome. Bring clean, dry, non-marking shoes, and potluck snacks are encouraged. Admission is $5 for adults and free for kids under 16 when accompanied by adults. Call Raymond at 283-5403.
* The Kenai Writers Group will meet at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at the Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center. It is open to the public. Bring extra copies of your writing to share.
* A holiday open house will be held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Kenai Community Library Friday.
* The Redoubt Chamber Orchestra, under the direction of Tammy Vollom-Matturro, presents an "Evening of Christmas" concert at 7 p.m. Friday. Also performing will be the Central Peninsula Community Orchestra, under the direction of Mellisa Nill, and vocalists Audra Faris and Rodney French. The fun, family-oriented concert will include three pieces for audience sing-a-long. Admission is $10, or $5 for kids and $25 for families.
* Full Force Entertainment will hold a fight night at the Soldotna Sports Center Friday. Doors open at 6 p.m. and the fights start at 7 p.m. Admission to floor seats is $30 and general admission is $15. Northwest Customs and Outlaw Body and Paint will hold a custom car, truck and bike show in the arena, and other sponsors will have vendor booths set up.
* The North Kenai Chapel, past Holt-Lamplight Road in Nikiski, will hold a swing dance Saturday. Call 398-7253.
* Kaladi Brother's on the Sterling Highway has photography by Amy Warfle as artist of the month for December.
* Odie's Deli on the Sterling Highway in Soldotna display art by Kenai Photography Guild for the month of December.
* Art Works in Soldotna has an exhibit of pastels on paper by K.N. Goodrich on display through December.
* The Gary L. Freeburg Gallery at Kenai Peninsula College has artwork by Wanda Seamster on display through Dec. 10.
* Kaladi Brothers on Kobuk Street in Soldotna has work by Heather Elder and Erika Zumwalt on display through December.
* The Kenai Fine Arts Center in Old Town Kenai has its annual winter silent auction on display through December.
* The Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center will have "PAINt," an exhibition of Alaska paintings curated by Don Decker, on display this winter.
* The Funky Money in Kenai will the works of photographer Mark Pierson on display through the end of the month.
* Artists Without Borders has an exhibit at the 4-D Interiors Building in Soldotna for December.
* Celia Cash and Laura Faeo have an exhibit at the Funky Monkey in Kenai through the end of the month.
* Mike Morgan and Friends will play Songs of the Season at the Funky Monkey Restaurant in the C Plaza in Kenai on Saturday from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
* Hunger Hut Bar in Nikiski will have live music with the Mabrey Brothers Friday.
* Veronica's in Old Town Kenai will have an open mic Friday at 6:30 p.m. and live music by Kelsey Shields Saturday at 6:30 p.m.
* St. Elias Brewing Company has live music by Conway Seavey tonight from 6 to 8 p.m.
* The Funky Monkey Cafe in Kenai has a song circle from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays and live music Saturdays from 6 to 8 p.m.
* Odie's Deli on the Sterling Highway in Soldotna has live music on Saturday from 6 to 9 p.m.
* AmVets Post No. 4 in the Red Diamond Center holds blind draw darts at 7 p.m. Wednesdays; Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Fridays and 4 p.m. Sundays; and open house and dinner at 6 p.m. and karaoke with Mary and Jack at 8 p.m. Saturdays.
* The Bow bar in Kenai has free Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Tuesday; live music Thursday through Saturday from 10:30 p.m. to 3:30 a.m.; and karaoke Sunday starting at 9 p.m..
* Hooligans Saloon in Soldotna has poker Tuesdays and Thursdays starting at 5:30 p.m. and live music Thursday, Friday Saturday and Sunday nights.
* The Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Riverside House in Soldotna hosts the After 10 party Fridays and Saturdays with Rock Star DJ Service and dancing until 5 a.m. On Saturdays starting at 6 p.m. there is a free Poker Night with Texas Hold 'em Tournaments hosted by Kenai Peninsula Poker Association.
n The 406 in Kenai has karaoke with Steve and Debbie at 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
* Mugz Coffee Lounge in Soldotna's The Blazy Mall has music by Robb Justice and Friends from 6 to 9 p.m. Mondays.
* Mykel's Restaurant in Soldotna has music by Dave Unruh and Bob Ramponi on Fridays and Saturdays from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
* Call Orca Theaters at 262-7003 for listings and times.
* Call Kambe Cinemas at 283-4554 for listings and times.
* The Pratt Museum in Homer is open from noon to 5 p.m., Tuesday's through Sundays. Admission is free on Wednesdays. For more information, visit www.prattmuseum.org.
Submissions may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is 5 p.m. Mondays.
Peninsula Clarion ©2015. All Rights Reserved.