Have you opened a new business on the Kenai Peninsula, added a new product, moved to a new location, hired a new person or promoted an employee? The community wants to know, and so do we.
Send us your information at firstname.lastname@example.org, fax it to 283-3299 or drop it off at the Clarion at 150 Trading Bay in Kenai. For more information, call Mike Nesper at 335-1236.
* The Soldotna Chamber of Commerce office will be closed Wednesday through Dec. 26 and Dec. 31 and Jan. 1.
There will be no luncheon Tuesday and Dec. 30. For more information, call Michelle Glaves at 262-9814.
* The Kenai Chamber of Commerce office will be closed Monday through Dec. 26 and Dec. 31.
There will be no luncheon Wednesday and Dec. 31. For more information, call Tina Baldridge at 283-7989.
* The Nikiski Chamber of Commerce meets at noon today at Nikiski Recreation Center. The featured speaker will be Mike Heatwole with Pebble Mine.
There will be no luncheon Dec. 25 and Jan. 1. For more information, call Scott Hamann at 776-7676.
* For a meeting schedule for Nikiski Chamber of Commerce, call Scott Hamann at 776-7676.
The Kenai Chamber of Commerce will hold its annual Community Awards Banquet Jan. 24, at the Challenger Learning Center of Alaska. The chamber is seeking nominations for several community awards. Call the chamber office at 283-7989 for more information.
* Key Bank, First National, Wells Fargo will accept food donations and receive donations to the food banks account through December.
* Jessica Laurion, a Nikiski High School senior is hosting a Christmas food drive.
* IGA/ Country Foods has a container and also is holding turkey drive at its Kenai location to donate a turkey or the price of a turkey.
* Save U More has container in its store on Kalifornsky Beach Road.
* Three Bears has a container in its store in Kenai.
* 406 Sports Bar in Kenai will offer, during an NFL pro game only, 10 percent off a Team Sampler will a canned food donation.
* ERA aviation will give a discount on booked online flights when a turkey or ham is donated.
* Papa Murphy's -- For every $1 donated online community members will be able to provide 16 meals to someone in need.For more information, call 262-3111.
* Pampered Chef will be at the Peninsula Center Mall in Soldotna during the holiday season. Products will be available for onsite purchase or for orders sent direct for gift giving. Some of the funds will benefit the Kenai Peninsula Food Bank. For more information, call Elaine at 394-1165 or e-mail at email@example.com.
In an effort to broaden the base of donors and encourage current donors to step up to the leadership level, BP has challenged Kenai Peninsula United Way to raise $50,000 from new donors giving $100 or more and from increased giving of $100 or more from current donors. BP pledges $50,000 in additional funds to Kenai Peninsula United Way if a total of at least $50,000 is raised from new and current donors giving $100 or more.
Handymen, contractor/builders doing excavating, laying foundation, plumbing and otherwise, from the basement to the roof, may attend a free "Build with expert-ease" workshop from 1 to 5 p.m. Jan. 14. Small Business Development Center partners with Kenai Peninsula Builders Association, Walters and Associates Insurance and Wisdom and Associates, who will provide participants with expert advice to enter the construction industry with ease.
Seating is limited. Deadline to register is Jan. 6. For more information, call Bunny Kishaba at 260-5629 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Business page runs Thursdays in the Clarion. To submit items, e-mail email@example.com. The deadline is Monday at 5 p.m.
© 2018. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us