The Soldotna Church of God and the Nikiski Church of the Nazarene are partnering with the "Wish Me A Merry Christmas" campaign mobilizing advocates energized for a return to the traditional, convivial greeting, bearing buttons that make the statement -- "It's OK, Wish Me A Merry Christmas.
The national "Wish Me A Merry Christmas Campaign" is appealing to retailers to put Christmas back in the holidays with two petitions: To actively retract adverse corporate holiday wishing policies, by returning to the traditional and explicit "Merry Christmas" phrase; and To restore use of the symbols, language and sounds of Christmas in in-store displays, signage and music, as well as in November and December advertising. For more information, call 262-4729 or 283-3632.
The following churches will host Christmas events:
* Grace Lutheran Church and School will hold a Christmas Eve children's candlelight service at 7 p.m. Carols, choirs and a sacred Christmas piano concert by Dr. Cindy Richardson will be held at 6:30 p.m. Luminaries will light the roadway to the church one block off Kalifornsky Beach Road, on Ciechanski Road. The theme will be "Jesus - the Light of the World!" Christmas sacks will be given to the children, along with cookies and hot chocolate for everyone afterward.; and a Christmas Day festive worship service will begin at 11 a.m. Carols, choirs and a sacred Christmas piano concert will be given at 10:45 a.m. The theme will be "The Case for Christmas!" For more information, call Pastor Tom Schmidt at 283-6297 or School Minister Dennis Leckwee at 283-7888.
* The First Baptist Church of Kenai at 12815 Kenai Spur Highway -- will host a candlelight service at 7 p.m. Wednesday. For more information, call Joy McCaul at 283-7672.
* Kenai Christian Church -- will hold a Christmas Eve candle light service at 5:30 p.m. For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Abundant Life Assembly of God -- Christmas extravaganza and children's musical at 6 p.m. Sunday; and community candlelight service at 6 p.m. Wednesday. For more information, call 262-7266.
* The Apostolic Assembly of Jesus Christ -- will have a Christmas cantata "The Way He Came" will highlight the Christmas service at 5:30 p.m. Sunday; and the new year will be welcomed in with a Watchnight Service at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 31. Worship, communion, and fellowship will finish out 2008 and bring in 2009. Visitors are welcomed to join all events. For more information, call 262-3165. For transportation, call 262-9693.
* Soldotna Bible Chapel -- will hold a Christmas Eve service at 7 p.m. titled "Tonight, Heaven Touches Earth." Featuring soloist Daniel Johnston of "This Hope" and the choir will be under the direction of Gary Lindman. For more information, e-mail email@example.com.
The United Methodist Church of the New Covenant will hold a special Christmas service for those who have lost a job, a home, a loved one or suffered any type of loss at 4 p.m. Sunday at the church in Kenai next to the Boys and Girls Club. For more information, call 283-7868.
The Christmas Story with songs will be presented live outdoors at 5:45 p.m. Sunday at the Ninilchik Fairgrounds outdoor stage. Attendees are asked to bring chili, bread or a finger food desserts to share. Hot drinks and a bonfire are planned. For more informaiton, call Delores Lindeman at 907-5673424.
An ALPHA invitation dinner will be held at 6:30 p.m. Jan. 21 at the Aspen Hotel conference room.
The Alpha Course a practical introduction to the Christian faith in a relaxed setting over 10 weekly sessions and designed as an opportunity to explore the meaning of life.
The ALPHA course is free, and for those who choose to take the course, the 10 weeks will extend on Tuesday evenings through April 7.
To make a reservation for the dinner, call Karolann at 262-4958 or e-mail Karolann@ak.net. A nursery will be available with a reservation.
Area churches are invited to submit information on current or upcoming Bible studies, open houses, events or special functions. For more information call Nan Misner at 335-1241 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Peninsula Clarion © 2016. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us