Today from 4 to 5:30 p.m. Kenai Yoga in the Blazy Mall in Soldotna will offer a yoga class for canned food donation. Call 398-9819 or go to www.kenaiyoga.net for more information.
A women's barbershop chorus will meet at 7 p.m. Mondays at the Church of God in Soldotna on the corner of Binkley and Redoubt Avenue. For more information, call Helena at 262-4504 or Susan at 335-6789.
The La Leche League of Soldotna and Kenai will meet from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. the first Tuesday of the month at the Frontier Community Services Playroom in the Red Diamond Center on Kalifornsky Beach Road.
The league is a breastfeeding resource group that offers free monthly meetings, mother-to-mother breastfeeding support, telephone assistance and a lending library. Pregnant and breastfeeding mothers are invited to attend. Babies are welcome.
For more information, call Amorette Payment at 260-6141 or visit http://groups.yahoo.com/laleche/join.
The following business and individuals are hosting food drives to benefit the Kenai Peninsula Food Bank:
* Key Bank, First National, Wells Fargo will accept food donations and receive donations to the food banks account through December.
* Jessica Laurion, a Nikiski High School senior is hosting a Christmas food drive.
* IGA/ Country Foods has a container and also is holding turkey drive at its Kenai location to donate a turkey or the price of a turkey.
* Save U More has container in its store on Kalifornsky Beach Road.
* Three Bears has a container in its store in Kenai.
* 406 Sports Bar in Kenai will offer, during an NFL pro game only, 10 percent off a Team Sampler will a canned food donation.
* ERA aviation will give a discount on booked online flights when a turkey or ham is donated.
* Papa Murphy's -- For every $1 donated online community members will be able to provide 16 meals to someone in need.
For more information, call 262-3111.
Peninsula Clarion © 2015. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us