* Kaladi Brothers on S. Kobuk Artist of the Month is Clair Johnson.
* The Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center at 11471 Kenai Spur Highway will have the 50th anniversary of Statehood Quilt Project on display through Wednesday. Quilts include many blocks from Kenai Peninsula Quilters. For more information, call Laura Forbes at 283-1991.
* The Kasilof Historical Society's cabin museum is open from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays or by appointment. It has historical displays, and area artists and crafters are invited to display their work on weekends. The cabin is at Mile 1.5 of Kalifornsky Beach Road. For more information, call 262-5125.
* The Kenai National Wildlife Refuge Visitors Center on Ski Hill Road outside Soldotna has films on wildlife, the refuge and the history of the area daily at noon, 1, 2, 3 and 4 p.m. For more information and complete program listing, call 262-7021.
* AmVets Post No. 4 in the Red Diamond Center holds blind draw darts at 7 p.m. Wednesdays; Texas Hold 'Em at 7 p.m. Fridays and 4 p.m. Sundays; and open house and dinner at 6 p.m. and karaoke with Mary and Jack at 8 p.m. Saturdays.
* The Funky Monkey in the C Plaza in Kenai, in conjunction with Mike Morgan, will host Wednesday nights Acoustic Song Circle and Jam Session from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
* Rainbow Bar in Kenai has free Texas Hold 'Em at 7 p.m. Monday and Wednesday; live music with Acoustic Rhythm Machine from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. and pool leagues Tuesday; and live music with the Maybrey Brothers Thursday through Saturday.
* The Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Riverside House in Soldotna hosts karaoke Con Queso with Mark Gage and Davey Jones at 8 p.m. to midnight Thursdays; the After 10 party Fridays and Saturdays with Rock Star DJ Service. Dancing until 5 a.m.
* The Hunger Hut at Mile 26.5 of the Kenai Spur Highway host karaoke with Shane and Sarah at 9 p.m. Saturdays.
* The 406 in Kenai has karaoke with Steve and Debbie at 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
* Mykel's in Soldotna has music by Dave Unruh from 6:30 to 9:30 Friday and Saturday.
* Call Orca Theaters at 262-7003 for listings and times.
* Call Kambe Cinemas at 283-4554 for listings and times.
* The Performing Arts Society will present jazz and classical music by Paul Sharpe, an internationally known bassist, and Maria Allison, solo pianist. The concert will be at Christ Lutheran Church in Soldotna at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 7. Tickets are available at the door or at River City Books, North Country Fair, Sweeney's, or Already Read. Admission is $15 general or $10 student.
* World Music for the Kenai in conjunction from the Kenai Peninsula College Multicultural Consortium and Sunday Showcase will host Chris Smither, finger style bluesman at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 3 at Peninsula Grace Auditorium at 44175 Kalifornsky Beach Road. The cost is $25 general admission; $23 for KDLL members; and family/teen discounts are available.
For more information, call 262-6548 or e-mail email@example.com . Visit Smither's Web site at www.chrissmither.com .
* Peninsula Artists in Motion will host a winter ball fundraiser at 7 p.m. Jan. 30 at the Kenai Senior Citizens Center. The black tie optional event will have live music with Bob Ramponi's Alaska Swing Co. Tickets are available at the Funky Monkey and Encore Dance Studio in Kenai and at River City Books in Soldotna. For more information, call Katrina Carpenter at 283-3140.
* Gallery Turquoise at Mile 49.5 of the Sterling Highway in Cooper Landing is open from noon to 6 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays or by appointment by calling the owner at 907-595-1434. on going
* The Pratt Museum in Homer is at 3779 Bartlett St. For more information about exhibits and events, call 907-235-8635 or e-mail the museum director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions may be e-mailed to email@example.com. The deadline is 5 p.m. Mondays.
Peninsula Clarion © 2015. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us