Chamber announces winners
The Kenai Chamber of Commerce announced the Kenai Holiday Decorating Contest winners. Homer Electric Association (HEA) provided "Energy Bucks" to the winners, and the Alaska Unocal Retirees Association (AURA) and the Kenai Senior Center judged the decorated homes and businesses.
* First, $100 HEA credit: McBride Family, 11115 5th Ave.;
* Second, $75 HEA credit: Becky Jackson, 1528 Toyon Way;
* Third, $50 HEA credit: 1110 Inlet Woods Dr.;
* Fourth, $25 HEA credit: Sonia Tribble, 1511 Fathom Dr.;
* Fifth, $25 HEA credit: Dennis and Phyllis Swarner, 2765 Watergate Way;
* Sixth, $25 HEA credit: Imelda Lee, 807 Cook Ave.
Caregiver meetings set
The National Caregiver Support Program will hold meetings at the following places:
* Wednesday Seward Senior Citizens Center, caregiver peer support meeting, from noon to 1 p.m.;
* Jan. 21 Kenai Senior Citizens Center, caregiver training: safe transfer, bed rest and wheelchair use with Nancy Farrington of Kayoktuk Care, from 1 to 3 p.m.; and
* Jan. 29 Soldotna Senior Citizens Center, caregiver peer support meeting from 1 to 3 p.m.
For more information, call 262-1280.
Chamber accepts nominations, reservations
The Kenai Chamber of Commerce is accepting nominations for community awards through Jan. 11. It is also currently taking reservations for its upcoming Annual Awards Banquet at 7 p.m. Jan. 26 at the Challenger Learning Center. This year's theme "Dancing with the Stars of Kenai" is sure to provide unique entertainment and fun. Hors d'eourves and a closed bar will be provided. For more information, call the chamber office at 283-7989.
Learn about foster care and adoption
The Alaska Department of Health and Social Services, Office of Children's Services, will hold its next monthly meeting from 6 to 8 p.m. Jan. 15 at 145 Main Street Loop in Kenai. The Office of Children's Services offers monthly Resource Family Orientation to give interested individuals a brief overview of the state's foster care and adoption programs and process. For more information, call Holly Mercado or Allison Gottesman at 283-3136.
Counseling Association to meet
The Kenai Peninsula Counseling Association will hold its next meeting at 5:30 p.m. Jan. 28 at the Peninsula Community Health Center located at 230 E. Marydale Ave. Ste. 2 in Soldotna. Counselors, students and interested community members are encouraged to attend. For more information, e-mail Beth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Peninsula Clarion © 2015. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us