Have you opened a new business on the Kenai Peninsula, added a new product, moved to a new location, hired a new person or promoted an employee? The community wants to know, and so do we.
Send us your information at firstname.lastname@example.org, fax it to 283-3299 or drop it off at the Clarion at 150 Trading Bay in Kenai. For more information, call Mike Nesper at 335-1236.
* The Soldotna Chamber of Commerce office will be closed Friday and Dec. 31 and Jan. 1.
There will be no luncheon Tuesday. For more information, call Michelle Glaves at 262-9814.
* The Kenai Chamber of Commerce office will be closed through Friday and Dec. 31.
There will be no luncheon Wednesday. For more information, call Tina Baldridge at 283-7989.
* The Nikiski Chamber of Commerce will not host luncheons Thursday and Jan. 1. For more information, call Scott Hamann at 776-7676.
The Kenai Chamber of Commerce will hold its annual Community Awards Banquet on Jan. 24, at the Challenger Learning Center of Alaska. The chamber is seeking nominations for several community awards. Call the chamber office at 283-7989 for more information.
* KeyBank, First National and Wells Fargo will accept food donations and receive donations to the food bank's account through December.
* Jessica Laurion, a Nikiski High School senior, is hosting a Christmas food drive.
* IGA/Country Foods has a container and is holding a turkey drive at its Kenai location to donate a turkey or the price of a turkey.
* Save U More has a container in its store on Kalifornsky Beach Road.
* Three Bears has a container in its store in Kenai.
* The 406 Sports Bar in Kenai will offer, during an NFL pro game only, 10 percent off a Team Sampler with a canned food donation.
* Era aviation will give a discount on booked online flights when a turkey or ham is donated.
* At Papa Murphy's, for every $1 donated online, community members will be able to provide 16 meals to someone in need.For more information, call 262-3111.
* The Pampered Chef will be at the Peninsula Center Mall in Soldotna during the holiday season. Products will be available for onsite purchase or for orders sent direct for gift giving. Some of the funds will benefit the Kenai Peninsula Food Bank. For more information, call Elaine at 394-1165 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
In an effort to broaden the base of donors and encourage current donors to step up to the leadership level, BP has challenged Kenai Peninsula United Way to raise $50,000 from new donors giving $100 or more and from increased giving of $100 or more from current donors. BP pledges $50,000 in additional funds to the Kenai Peninsula United Way if a total of at least $50,000 is raised from new and current donors giving $100 or more.
Handymen, contractor/builders doing excavating, laying foundation, plumbing and otherwise, from the basement to the roof, may attend a free "Build with expert-ease" workshop from 1 to 5 p.m. Jan. 14. The Small Business Development Center partners with Kenai Peninsula Builders Association, Walters and Associates Insurance and Wisdom and Associates, who will provide participants with expert advice to enter the construction industry with ease.
Seating is limited. The deadline to register is Jan. 6. For more information, call Bunny Kishaba at 260-5629 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a professional show where the exhibitors make contact with buyers who place orders for merchandise for their selling season. The show is not open to the general public or children. Only qualified buyers may attend. Admission is free.
Buyers include retailers who own gift shops, hotels, department stores or any gift-related business.
Products displayed range from souvenirs to fine art. Alaskan made products will be available.
The show will be held at the Dena'ina convenction center in Anchorage on Thursday, Jan. 15 from 4-8 pm, Friday, Jan. 16 from 10 am until 6 pm and Saturday, Jan. 17 from 10 am until 5 pm. Attendees must bring a valid business license and photo ID.
For more information, contact Dee Carpenter at 907-452-7469.
The Business page runs Thursdays in the Clarion. To submit items, e-mail email@example.com. The deadline is Monday at 5 p.m.
Peninsula Clarion © 2016. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us